Karma can be easily extended through plugins. In fact, all the existing preprocessors, reporters, browser launchers and frameworks are also plugins.
Therefore, a simple way how to install a plugin is:
npm install karma- –save-dev
There are almost one hundred plugins available, Karma plugins site.
The plugins that I have installed for my projects are:
- Karma-Jasmine – npm install karma-jasmine
- Karma-RequireJS – npm install karma-requirejs
- Karma-Coverage – npm install karma-coverage
- Karma-JUnit-reporter – npm install karma-junit-reporter (essential for Jenkins report)
- Karma-Safari-launcher – npm install karma-safari-launcher